This bacon-wrapped-bun-monster is the I’ll Be Damned Dog! A gourmet hot dog named after a great upcoming Danish hard rock band – I’ll Be Damned – who played in my living room on the night when I unveiled this hotdog – much to the pleasure of my 42 friends, attending. I mean, just look at that bacon-bun! Fuck yeah.
Ingredients for eight I’ll Be Damned Dogs
- 8 normal sized hotdog buns – get some nice ones, like brioche or sourdough-based, so they have little more taste than an average wheat one.
- 32 slices of bacon. This can vary depending on size of the pieces, so better buy 40, right? Or 45? Let’s do 50!
- 3 medium onions
- Loads of butter
- Salt & pepper
- 20 grams of sugar
- 200 grams of red cheddar cheese
- 100 grams of Barf of the Dog (mustard piccalilli)
- 8 quality pork wieners from your local butcher – remember it costs to get good organic meat, but it pays off in the end once you bite into it and feel that snap and those juices. Oh yeah.
- Tomato ketchup – Heinz organic comes recommended by a credible source: Yours truly.
- Mayonnaise – homemade beats something in a jar, but a jar is fine as long as you buy mayo and not grout.
- Roasted paprika Bugles chips. Very specific, but it has a perfect taste balance and really great crunch. Substitute at your own risk.
- 1-2 beers to consume while cooking. This can vary greatly depending on the temperature, the company, and the time of day, according to my own observations.
Click here to see the recipe, so you can make it yourself!